Monday 1 August 2016

The Gathering - Zombicide Black Plague

So next weekend is the first proper 'games day' for a while and Zombicide Black Plague is on the menu. A mouth watering adventure and we plan to play the newly released electronic scenarios. There will be three of us and plan is for each member to bring at least two painted survivors. Michael at 28mm Victorian Warfare is generously opening 'Awdry Towers' for the event and has been busily preparing Klom the Barbarian as his first survivor. He has done a stunning job on this amazing miniature. Well done sir!

My initial thoughts were to bring Redcap Rodney and Nelly the barmaid.

Redcap Rodney

Redcap Rodney is a Fatty killer for sure with his +1 damage and has proved to be a great addition early in the game. I have been trying to open at least two doors in the first turn and this reveals many rooms worth of zombies. All will be moving towards the survivors who are poorly equipped until they start searching. The first aim is to clear a square that will allow others to search and pray for some decent weapons. Redcap can handle a fatty even with his starting weaponry and this has been required on more than one occasion.

Nelly the Barmaid

Nelly is a speed merchant and I have been using her to open the more distant door. She can retreat to join the others. Her added mobility can often be needed to give much needed support or to hold a position and then run when required.

All in all I think that they should play well together and I am looking forward to giving them a try.

5 comments:

  1. Great choices, I have just about finished Gowan who boasts regeneration, removing all wounds received at the end of each round. I'm thinking he could buy us time at the start of a game as we look to tool up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gowan - I will have to look him up and give him the once over. Sounds pretty cool though.

      Delete
  2. I must have missed the memo - didn't know we were now playing Z:BP or indeed that I am to bring anything?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry on either account. I was hoping to do a double header of Witchfinder and Black Plague, but looking at the BP scenario, not sure we'd get both in and I'm still not feeling a 100% certain of running the Witchfinder game - bottled it again. :(

      Delete
    2. I am looking forward to it for sure, whatever we play.

      Delete