Tuesday 20 October 2015

VIP Doctors

I am enjoying the Very Infected People box set. I started by painting one of each type.


I am now going through the 'painting by model type' phase. It is actually quite interesting and you get to learn a lot about the model when you paint the same one several times. Always searching for ways to make the models seem different. Colour is the obvious way to do this but also the position of gore and blood trails can help. The aim is to draw the eye to different places.



Most recently I am working on the female doctor set. Her bedside manner leaves a little something to be desired. She does look hungry to me.



There is quite a lot of detail when you look closely at the model. I like the face and then there are things that don't stand out straight away, the mouth guard, the stethoscope, the bow at the back of the neck even a small name badge over the left boob. All these disappear when the undercoat goes on on and then present themselves when the model is subjected to some close scrutiny.

Again I have gone for different uniform colours to separate the models.


6 comments:

  1. Great work BF! Love your 'dog selection and your doctors look suitably grim and ghoulish. Your getting some great output too dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, I am doing really well. Ghoulish - I like the word :-)

      Delete
  2. The doctor will see you now, more fabulous work Sir. You're like a zombie painting juggernaut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in 1970's mode - that brings Convoy to mind. 10, 4.

      Delete
  3. An infected zombie painting juggernaut no less! I like the pink best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He, he - Yip agreed on the pink. Always been a problem colour for me. I have taken to adding a bit of white and the consistency is much improved.

      Delete